Battery Back-Up Sump Pump Systems
Sump pumps are the back bone to keeping basements from flooding but what happens when there is a power outage?
Storms have a tendency to produce torrential rain and can even knock out the power. Unless you have a back-up generator, your sump pump becomes useless.
A battery back-up sump pump can be a good solution to ease worried minds.
Over the last 25 years of working on sump pumps and fixing wet basements, we've dealt with many different makes and models of battery back-ups.
Basement Watchdog made by Pro Series Pumps, is the best battery-back up system on the market. Our most commonly used model is the "Watchdog Special". With many features and outstanding pumping power along with a 3 year warranty makes this model our number one.
The Basement Watchdog Special also has an alarm system to alert people of potential issues.
The alarm will sound indicating:
- The Battery needs (distilled) water. Our favorite feature that not many other companies have.
- Battery is old and needs to be replaced
- Battery is discharged
- Cable is loose or terminals are corroded
- Power, fuse, or circuit breaker has failed
- Pump has been activated; check the main pump for failure
Some other great features are:
- The alarm can be silenced during a power outage
- Automatically tests the pump weekly
- USB Data Port (Ability to remotely notify which alert has activated or what specific maintenance might be needed)
- Remote Terminal (Ability to remotely notify of a problem or needed maintenance)
- Can accommodate similar standby batteries to extend the run time
We're more than happy to answer any questions or give more information regarding Battery Back-up Sump pumps. Feel free to call or leave us a note.